Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A letter from my Aunt.


Last week we went on our first family airline trip to Chicago to visit my Aunt, Uncle and their kids. Alexander did pretty well. he slept 1.5 hours each way. Played and cried but overall it was manageable. My Husband was totally helpful.

After our return my Aunt sent me the most beautiful email I wanted to share part of the letter with all of you. (note Char Mama means bad mama and my aunt said that to me as a joke). I love you Auntie!!!

"I also wanted to let you know I think you are an awesome mom. It's amazing how grown up you are and how well you're handling having a child. Wow, Lucy! I'm really proud of you! I can say char mama all day long, but the reality is you're a great mom! Raising children is the hardest thing I have ever done, there is not manual that tells you exactly what to do, you're always second guessing yourself. But you've got a good sense of who you are and that itself is huge. Hang in there, you're doing a great job!"

No comments:

Post a Comment